Here, At the End of All Things
Charming, sexy, and dangerous. That’s the bard in Grim World. She brings something beautiful and compelling into an otherwise dark world. Based off the Skinner from Apocalypse World, the Bard is all about sex and seduction.
Breathtaking: you get 3).
Lost: when you whisper someone’s name to the world’s psychic
maelstrom, roll+WILL. On a hit, they come to you, with or without any clear
explanation why. On a 10+, take +1forward against them. On a miss, the MC
will ask you 3 questions; answer them truthfully.
Artful & gracious: when you perform your chosen art — any act of
expression or culture — or when you put its product before an audience,
roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC
member of your audience and choose one:
• this person must meet me
• this person must have my services
• this person loves me
• this person must give me a gift
• this person admires my patron
On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You
simply perform very well.
Arresting Grace: when you remove a piece of clothing, your own
or someone else’s, no one who can see you can do anything but watch. You
command their absolute attention. If you choose, you can exempt individual
people, by name.
Hypnotic: when you have time and solitude with someone, they become
fixated upon you. Roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. They can
spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
• giving you something you want
• acting as your eyes and ears
• fighting to protect you
• doing something you tell them to
For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can’t act against you. For PCs,
instead, any time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
• they distract themselves with the thought of you. ey’re acting under fire.
• they inspire themselves with the thought of you. ey take +1 right now.
On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.
Fingers in Every Pie
Put out the word that you want a thing – could be a person, could be somethin’ somethin’, could even be just a thing – and roll+Hot. On a 10+, it shows up for you remarkably quickly. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up for you with strings wicked attached.
When you seize by force you may dominate a fight through sheer personality instead of a weapon. Roll +Hot instead of +Hard, but replace the option to “do terrible harm” with the following line:
• You inflict (2-shock close area inherent) instead of weapon damage
When you collect gossip about someone important (your call), roll , ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 1:
• How are they doing? What’s up with them?
• What or who do they love best?
• Who do they know, like and/or trust?
• When next should I expect to see them?
• How could I get to them, physically or emotionally?